* VERY IMPORTANT: There is NO PARKING ACROSS THE STREET for parents/visitors.
We are expanding our playground and there will be heavy construction on our lot. You can park at the fortress across the street, park across WLRN, or at any meter. We are working with the city so that they do not issue any citations the 1st two days of school.
* August 17th: New Student Orientation 6th/7th, 9th – 12th ~ iPrep Cafe 1st and 2nd Floor
* August 20th: Pre-K Parent/Student Meet & Greet @ 11:30 a.m. ~ Pre-K Classes
* August 22nd: First Day of School! All PK – Grade 4 parents can walk their children in a stay till 9:00 a.m. Breakfast starts at 7:40 a.m. for all children. If you are deciding to stay with your child while he/she has breakfast, please make sure to allow our children to sit down first. Space is limited and we want to make sure our kids have a spot to sit and eat. We will have teachers/staff directing students to their class.
* August 23rd: Second day of school! ONLY PK parents can walk their children in. All other parents will have to utilize the drop-off which will be functional even though construction is taking place. Teachers, Staff, former Safety Patrols and 5th grade students will help escort the PK, Kindergarten and 1st grade students as needed!!!
* August 24th: All students are walking in on their own. Teachers, Staff, former Safety Patrols and 5th grade students will continue to assist all students.
*Zika: We know this is a hot topic and we need to make take preventive measures to ensure the safety of our kids and teachers. The hard court will not be used as a holding space for morning arrival until this has cleared. Morning arrival will take place indoors. P.E. and recess should remain indoors until we receive further instructions. Please stay tuned to M-DCPS advisory with regards to Zika safety measures, such as wearing pants and long-sleeved shirts.
PK – 4: Drive-thru Drop-off ONLY in our lot. For your safety and the safety of your child, please DO NOT get out of your vehicle. We will have assistance outside to help guide them safely inside school along with their belongings.
Grades 5 – 7, 9-12: Drive-thru Drop-off behind the SBAB Parking Garage. Staff will help to escort students. Please refer to map above.
Holding Rooms for Morning Arrival:
PK: Pre-K Classes
Kinder and 1st Grade: Cafeteria
2nd Grade: iPlay
3rd Grade: iPlay
4th Grade: 4th Grade Hallway
5th Grade: Upstairs @ iPrep Cafe
Make sure to let teachers know how your child will be going home (Parent Pick-up, After-care, Morningside Park Bus).