April 4, 2014
Dear PTA Parents:
IT IS ELECTION TIME AGAIN!
LAST DAY FOR NOMINATIONS IS FRIDAY APRIL 8!
The PLC PTA is asking for nominations for its Officers for the 2014-2015 school year. We are looking for nominees for: President, 1st Vice- President, 2nd Vice-President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary and Treasurer.
We are seeking parents who will be committed to improving their children’s education, accept the challenge to continue the growth and expand the ideas and ideals of this PTA. There is no prior experience needed to hold an office, however we are working to create opportunities for parents to get to know all nominees.
The process for electing officers will be as follows and in accordance with the by-laws:
- The nominee must be a member of the PLC PTA
- Distribute the attached form to any PTA member interested in serving as an officer
- Complete the attached information/nominating form (They will also be available in the PLC Office)
- Deadline for Nominating forms are April 8th, 2014 (Drop off in the box marked “PLC PTA Nomination Box” located in the PLC Office)
- The nominee must consent to the nomination
- PTA members may nominate themselves
- Members of the Nominating Committee may be nominated
- No restriction on School Board employees serving as officers. The School Board rule restricts employees of the school from: 1) serving as co-signors on checks; or 2) being involved in handling of money or merchandise of the PTA
- The Nominating Committee will announce its nominees for each elected position at the Meet & Greet and on election day.
- Meet & Greet for all interested candidates – To be announced
- Election of 2014-15 Officers, PTA Meeting- April 30, 2014 – iPrep Cafeteria at 4:30 pm
The fundamental role of the PTA Board is to govern. PTA is a member-driven association. Much of the day-to-day work of a PTA is done by its board and committees. As a PTA Leader, you will be charged to seek out positive partnerships within this community, continue the tradition of quality leadership that the predecessors have established and continue responding to the challenges that others create for the health, welfare, safety and education of children in the home, school and community.
For an outline of responsibilities for each position please see the Nominating Committee letter. For additional information about the nomination process, please contact a Nominating Committee Member below or Deb Albo-Steiger via email at:
All the best,
Deb Albo-‐Steiger, Chair
Chanda Carroll, Member
Eduardo Martinez, Member