February 4, 2020, PTSA meeting minutes,
I-Prep Academy PTSA
Meeting held in the I-Prep Upper Academy Cafeteria
Meeting was called to order at 5:37 pm and a Quorum was established.
1. Welcome by Ms. Gonzalez, Vice Principal (Upper Academy)
2. Administrative Update by Ms. Gonzalez, Vice Principle (Upper Academy)
• Book Fair brought in about $4000 by the 2nd day.
• February 19th – FSA grades 3rd-5th 5:30-6:30 in the café
• February 26th – Science with a Twist grades 2nd-5th grade
• March 4th – PNO (Parents Night Out)
• Bundt Cake – Bundt cake order deadline is Thursday February 04
• Valentines Day Dance for 5th grade
• College Night 5:30pm – 11th grade parents – Upper academy Cafeteria
• Academics –
Math tutoring is available every Tuesday/Thursday from 3-4pm
with National Honor Society and Math Society kids helping.
Language Arts Tutoring is available 6th grade 7:40 – 8:00pm – daily
7th grade 7-7:55 (M,W,F)
Science Tutoring is available Tuesday and Thursday
Civics Tutoring is available Tuesday
• February 17th Presidents Day – NO SCHOOL
• February 19th 5:30 pm FSA Parent Night Grade 3-5 in the Café, FSA Parent Night Grades 9th and 10th in room 204
• February 26th – Science with a Twist
• Proper Uniform Wear – always wear proper uniform attire. On these cold days please wear navy sweaters, and if you are wearing pants on cold days it must be the uniform pant. Not just a pair of jeans.
• NO Hoodies or Hats. If we can not see your face there is a security risk.
Parents – Please do not get our of your car during morning arrival and afternoon dismissal. This is a drive thru lane. Have all of your child’s things with them so they can exit the vehicle quickly.
Corona Virus Prevention – Have your child wash their hands with soap and water. Sneezing and coughing into a tissue or your arm. Not your hands. If your child is sick it is better to leave them at home.
3. Ratification of September 24, 2019 PTSA minutes, which were posted on the iprepptsa.org website and were ratified and approved by a vote of members.
4. Treasurer’s Report/PTSA Budget 2019-2020, Lauri Sanders (Jocelyn was out sick)
• On hand $36,059.19
• We are extending turf grass on the grass areas all the way to 2nd Avenue.
• We are buying 2 new basketball hoops for the playground
• Color Run our biggest fundraiser will be March 18-19th this year. Only the kids who raise money will be allowed to go this year. March 18th will be Upper Academy and March 19th will be lower academy.
• We also agreed to start a Scholarship program for 12th grade. For this year we will a lot $3000. Two $1000 scholarships and Two $500 scholarships. This will be an essay based scholarship with GPA not such a huge factor.
Rules – you or your parents must belong to the PTSA for the current year and from this year forward you or your parents must have belonged to the PTSA for your Junior and Senior year. More rules to come.
5. PTSA Committee and Upcoming Events – Volunteers Needed1
• Pizza Fridays – We need volunteers every Friday
• Save the Date – Spring Picnic, Virginia Key Park, Saturday, February 29 ,2020
• Save the Date – Challenge for Change will be March 18-19th
• Save the Date – PNO (Parents Night Out) – April 2020
6. Questions –
A parent asked if Ms Diaz would like parent volunteers to help with the morning car line.
Meeting was Adjourned at 6:08pm